It’s been a brutally warm summer so far throughout Northwest Ohio. During these times, nothing works harder than your AC. Make sure you’re checking/maintaining them to avoid any surprises. Here’s a few helpful suggestion to keep your system running at peak performance:
- Ensure the duct taping and plastic visqueen is secure/intact to avoid any wasted energy.
- Make sure the extension cords are all well secured and not showing signs of overheating.
- Look over the 2 x 4 supporting structure to make sure it’s solid and that there are no loose/broken drywall screws.
- Make sure the kitty litter drip pan is not full of water and the condensate pump is working properly.
- If you can find the filter, replace it every month.
These simple, proactive tips will ensure you and your family are kept cool and comfortable during these scorching summer days.